September saw us all slowing down a notch, phew! My hours at work have reduced again until next Summer and I now have 3 days off instead of 2. This extra day is so important to me and my time with Luke, by the end of August I was really beginning to feel the strain of being away from him for that extra day. We have settled nicely into a routine on our Friday off together, we had planned on going to a toddler group on these mornings but so far we've spent them catching up with friends and celebrating family birthdays. We will be hoping to make a toddler group of some kind this month, Luke loves to be around other children.
I finally managed to get a hair cut in September, first time since January, how sad! I love going to the hairdressers and I've finally found someone who listens to what I say and understands my preciousness about my long hair!
The Dog got neutered in September too, he's like a different dog altogether, he's so much calmer and manageable. We've bonded quite a bit and he loves nothing more than to cuddle up next to us. I should really feature him in one of our Me & Mine pictures.
I really feel like September's pictures capture Luke's personality, he's a real smiler and a happy chatterbox.
Anyway, here it is, our family portrait for September, taken at 8am in the morning before I headed off out for work:
This month Luke loves:
- Chatting, chatter chatter chatter all day long even in his sleep
- Telling the Dog to sit
- Emptying his ball pond onto the sitting room and laughing while I run around trying to pick all the balls up
This month Dad loves:
- The release of FIFA 15
- Teaching Luke to "Big Squeeze" where he throws his arms aorund you gives you a big hug
- Purchasing flight tickets for an overnight trip to Manchester
This month Mum loves:
- An extra day off work in the week
- Meal planning
- Getting a "Big Squeeze" off Luke